Saturday, May 15, 2010

Salad Saturday & Art Star Goodies



Just got in from wandering through Art Star Craft Bazaar. It was a beautiful afternoon and we took our time talking to the artists and going...ooooo and aahhh....Of course I reminded myself we are on a budget.


I was put in charge of picking out one piece for the house, my son and I chose a great print with the words of one of my favorite songs by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, "Home is Wherever I'm With You." The same artist made book plates, which I have been looking for. You can see Melanie Linder's wonderful work here -http://www.spreadthelove.etsy.com I was also in love with all of the beautiful dresses and bibs sewn by Julia Copeland - http://www.etsy.com/people/eieio And at some point I will buy a dress from Rachel Sherman - http://www.etsy.com/shop/malaguetaonline


Well, enough about shopping, on to Saturday's salad. I was craving red wine vinegar for some reason, so I made a Greek salad. The flavor combo in a Greek salad is one of my favorites. I found some other ingredients that complemented the flavor and boosted the health factor. In the end it was a salad that could hold up as a meal - Bib and red leaf lettuce, red onions, cucumbers, tomato, wheat berries, edamame, olives, and feta cheese. The texture of the wheat berries was perfect for the Greek salad, they also added protein, lots of fiber and essential vitamins and nutrients...perfect salad to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails