Friday, June 4, 2010

the portrait in progress











I work in private, and unlike my papier mache and acrylic paintings, I am not in a habit of giving classes, or step by step demonstrations of my oil portraits. Tonight I thought I'd go ahead and show some of the steps leading up to my most recent finished portrait.



As you can see I do not work to fill in a detailed drawing, but rather draw with washes and continue the drawing and evaluating with each stroke of paint. If I'm missing a step in the pictures, it would probably be the single color wash - usually burnt umber or purple. Next time I will not get carried away forget to pick up the camera.








1 comment:

  1. Oh very fine, Rosemary! I'm so glad I found this. Fascinating to see how a painting evolves. Am also documenting my holons paintings.

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails