Friday, April 1, 2011

I ♥ Frederick (National Poetry Month challenge)

Today is the first day of National Poetry Month. I'm delighted. I love the way the brain works when it's reading poetry and when it's trying to write it - the same way it works when I'm painting - editing, distilling and reintroducing. I enjoy the challenge of simplicity.

Poetry. Problem solving. Words tied together sparingly - chiming against each other with a song called, true.

For the month of April I'm going to challenge myself to list a poem a day with a piece inspired by it.

I'll imagine Frederick is cheering me on...


the poet mouse who found art in everyday life. A twist on the fable of the Ant and the Grasshopper and a reminder that man does not live by bread alone.

Find a way to challenge yourself this month. Be brave. Here’s an idea.

1 comment:

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails