Thursday, April 7, 2011

Poem # 2 with visual response



And now to address the other end - the breath. In the midst of daily living I'm always grateful for a reminder to enjoy stillness and to be conscious of how I'm actually breathing. Nothing more complicated than that - just to be still and feel my breath.

Are you looking for me? I am in the next seat.

My shoulder is against yours.
you will not find me in the stupas, not in Indian shrine
rooms, nor in synagogues, nor in cathedrals:
not in masses, nor kirtans, not in legs winding
around your own neck, nor in eating nothing but
vegetables.


When you really look for me, you will see me
instantly --
you will find me in the tiniest house of time.


Kabir says: Student, tell me, what is God?
He is the breath inside the breath.

~Kabir



Not rushing the clouds for three minutes (video)

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails