Friday, February 25, 2011

season of the mud ( & guest blogging!)

The Meet the Farmers series has been invited to growninthecity.com I will be traveling to local farms and exploring their relationship with the city. Visit #1 is the first farm in Virginia to be certified both Organic and Humane and is also the first farm in the nation to raise Certified Humane veal calves. If you've been following the blog you've probably picked up on some of my leanings concerning diet, but I believe it's in everyone's best interest to educate ourselves about the process of meat production and support people who are changing the way animals are raised and slaughtered. 

Next week I'll travel to a small goat farm and share my first attempts at making cheese. I've ordered my vegetable rennet, fresh culture, and butter muslin - fingers are crossed!

Here, on Mistaken For a Rebel, the family and I will be welcoming new chicks, the girls start their 4-H projects, and I'll don boots and head out in the mud to work on the new landscape series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails