- boil 4 cups of water
- add wakame, or arame (dehydrated seaweed) to the water. Let simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- add a third of a cup miso, but don't let it boil. A trick I learned is illustrated above - take a sieve and drop it in the water then push the miso paste through it with a wooden spoon. This helps it dissolve faster; you don't want to overcook any of the ingredients and loose valuable nutrients
- drop in cubed tofu and cook until it reaches the soup temperature
- add a dash of toasted sesame oil and/or soy sauce to taste
- throw some sliced green onion on top
- This is the base; you can add whatever veggies you like.
I'm hoping this soup will give me the energy to push on after tuck-in time. A client picked up a commission today and I have a little time before my next two are due, so tonight I can get into the studio and experiment a little. I went to the art supply store today and came home with canvas and some fresh new paints -- here's hoping my energy will hold out!