Friday, November 25, 2011

thanks

Tonight I'm thankful that I have time to paint. It's hard over a holiday, but big A has taken the kids for a movie night while I work. 

Thanksgiving was the quiet, cozy, fragrant day I hoped it would be...that is until we broke into a dance party to shake off the comfort food. Many things I'm thankful for drifted through my mind as I stirred, mashed, splashed, and kneaded...



The ginkgo trees in October


dancing


good food


the forest


meeting new animals while adventuring


sisters


these guys


this guy

that I have this little space to share

that you're taking a moment to check in

that somehow I've carved out the time and space to pursue my work

that the occasional "f*** it" doesn't keep me down...that I never forget the list...that it keeps growing...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely, lovely! I can't believe how big your kids are getting. We miss you here in Philly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you, your amazing girl, and her puppy sister : ) Would love to meet with all the Northern MamaCitas (http://mamacitaarts.com/ )...maybe another group show is in our future...

    ReplyDelete

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails