Wednesday, November 10, 2010

new forestscapes

Here are a couple of the new landscapes. I'm enjoying the search for fall color that avoids some of the over used "autumn pallets" that end up looking like the artificial foliage aisle at the craft store.









I enjoy the horizontal lines that fir and pine trees add. This interplay of lines has been keeping my landscapes in the woods lately. When you're still in the woods, you become aware of the mesh around you - the property of self similarity bringing together the elements of the forest. I enjoy seeing this in the work without loosing the immediacy of a painterly approach.


I will be transitioning into some larger pieces next.

Older work from the same series:


view more work at rosemarymarkowski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

linkwithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails